RECREATIONAL HOCKEY CALGARY
Sponsored by ATB Financial
Attention ALL RHC players: as we approach the conclusion of this successful season, a friendly reminder that your team jersey needs to be returned to your coach at the completion of the final game of the YET (March 8 for Pee Wee and March 15 for everyone else). If you plan to be absent from this final game, kindly launder, dry, fold, and return your jersey to your coach on or before this date. Spare Goalies: please return your jerseys to the coach of YOUR final game. Your co-operation is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Coaches: please see important information and instructions regarding Equipment Return under the EQUIPMENT tab. Thank you.
ATB Financial Year End Tournament (YET)
The end of the 2014 - 2015 Recreational Hockey Calgary season is quickly upon us. That only means one thing - The ATB Financial Year End Tournament (YET) is just around the corner! Please take notice of these details and mark your calendars:
- Peewee - starts March 3 and ends the weekend of March 7-8
- Bantam/Midget/Junior - starts the week of March 9th and ends the weekend of March 14-15
The tournament will be a four or six team round-robin format followed by A/B/C finals. Each team will play four games. Rules for the Year End Tournament are on the website under ATB Financial Year End Tournament (YET).
Schedules have been sent to coaches and will be posted shortly on the Hockey Calgary Website.
Have a fun tournament everyone!!!
Notice of RHC Annual General Meeting
Rec Hockey Calgary will be holding our Annual General Meeting on Thursday, April 23, 2015. The details of the meeting are as follows:
- · Date: Thursday, April 23, 2015
- · Time: 6:30pm
- · Location: Flames Community Arenas (2390 – 47 Ave SW) – Stew Fairbanks Meeting Room
Any agenda items for the AGM must be submitted to the RHC Secretary by April 2, 2015. Please submit any agenda items or motions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the upcoming season, we are looking for volunteers to join our Board in the following capacities:
- · Vice President (with the interest in progressing to President)
- · Treasurer
- · Equipment Coordinator
- · PIC Coordinator (Police Information Check)
- · Junior Coordinator (1)
- · Midget Coordinator (1)
- · Bantam Coordinator (1)
- · Peewee Coordinators (2)
- · Peewee Development Lead – this is a new position; the responsibilities for this position center around the coordination and execution of the Peewee Development sessions held in the first half of the season. A terms of reference will be circulated in advance of the AGM.
Terms for each position can be found in the RHC Policies and Procedures manual located on our website:
Thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you at the AGM.
Esso Minor Hockey Week
The annual Esso Minor Hockey Week has just concluded on January 17, 2015. The world's largest minor hockey tournament has produced the following championship teams this year in Recreational Hockey Calgary:
Pee Wee - Avalanche
Bantam A - Ducks | Bantam B - Rangers
Midget A - Blues | Midget B - Flyers
Junior A - Senators | Junior B - Sabres
Congratulations to every single player on every team. Your dedication, effort, and sportsmanship keep the passion alive for this great game of ours. You are all champions for participating!
Thank you, to all coaches, officials, and the countless volunteers who helped to make the games safe and fun for the kids. You are the reason for the event's success, year after year.
Have a great rest of the season everyone.
The RHC Board of Directors
Hi to all Rec Hockey players, parents and coaches:
Thanks to all for a very successful start to the 2014-15 season. I hope that everyone is enjoying their hockey experience this season and we’re looking forward to a great year.
This year we are implementing two new awards, one for individual sportsmanship and one for team sportsmanship. We are fortunate to have a lot of great players and excellent coaches involved with Rec Hockey, and we want to ensure that we recognize these people for embracing the Rec Hockey philosophy of sportsmanship and fair play. The details for each award are as follows:
- · Individual Sportsmanship Award: This award will be presented to any player that completes the season with zero penalties. Each year, we have approximately 10% of our players finish the season penalty-free, and we wish to acknowledge their commendable effort with a token of appreciation. We are partnering with ATB Financial on this award and will present it to the players during the Year End Tournament. We will also be posting an Honour Role of recipients on our website.
- · Team Sportsmanship Award: This award will be presented to any team that averages two or less penalties per game from the first game of the season up to the first game of the Year End Tournament. The award will be a $200 gift card presented to the team’s coach on the first game of the Year End Tournament with the intention of having the team enjoy a year-end dinner or party during the YET with our appreciation. Both the team and the head coach that are awarded this acknowledgement will be listed on an Honour Role on our website. We are currently working with a sponsor for this award and more details will be provided as we draw closer to the YET.
I will have more information on these awards as we approach the Year End Tournament. Again thanks to all players, coaches and parents for your commitment to Rec Hockey Calgary!
President, Recreational Hockey Calgary
The First Shift - Helping Kids Fall In Love With Hockey
Hockey Calgary has launched a new program, The First Shift Sponsored By Bauer, for boys and girls aged 6 - 10 who have never participated in organized hockey before. Please see details by visiting Hockey Calgary or The First Shift.
2014 Annual General Meeting - April 16, 2014
As the 2013-14 season draws to a close, we wish to thank the players, parents, coaches and volunteers for making this season fun and successful. Rec Hockey Calgary is a vibrant and growing part of the minor hockey program in Calgary, offering a great alternative to community hockey. As with any organization, Rec Hockey Calgary is dependant on a number of dedicated volunteers who sit on the RHC Board of Directors and support the organization by fulfilling a board position.
For 2014-15, we want to welcome Mike Speta and Mark Leduc as new Midget Coordinators, James Mills as a Junior Coordinator, Calvin Chan as the Webmaster, and Sandra Hanna as our new Secretary.
We want to sincerely thank Jeff Deere and David Knudson who have finished their terms and will be leaving the RHC board. Your efforts and enthusiasm will be greatly missed
Created by: WEBMASTER -- Last updated:Mar 04, 2015